Saturday 25 February 2012

5 Best Eat-outs in Sheung Wan (4) Bowl Burger

Note from the author: As I won't be working in Sheung Wan area soon, I decide to start this series about my personal choice of the best eat-outs in the area. I will write about five places and hope you would enjoy it. I wrote about a siu mei restaurant, a restaurant which serves Hong Kong style Western food, and a Hong Kong home-food place in my previous posts.

I love burgers. I will be happy to have a cheese burger from time to time. My ideal burger must have a juicy, chewy beef patty; fresh, green lettuce; and a piece of half molten cheese.

In this post, I am going to introduce a great burger stand in Sheung Wan area.

Its name is Bowl Burger.

Bowl Burger is a small restaurant which could accommodate six to seven customers at a time. With an open kitchen, you could easily smell the odor of frying beef patties, half-charred onions and freshly-toasted buns.

The shopkeeper is a bald, friendly man who is also the chef. Every burger is made to order.

Bowl Burger
I have tried the Bowl Burger, the burger named after the shop. The patty is thick and juicy, charred at the outside, and demands a bigger bite.

Another high point of the burger is its tomato, which is so think that it looks like another patty. Lettuce is fresh too.

Fries fries fries
A set comes with fries and a canned drink.  The fries are always hot, very crispy. It comes with peel and thus has a stronger "potato-taste" than fries from other burger stands.

I love Bowl Burger and would recommend it to other burger-lovers. 

Bowl Burger, G/F, 25 Merser Street, Sheung Wan

2 comments:

  1. When I played football at night in Sheung Wan I always saw this stand. I looked for something light to eat before running for around 2 hours, therefore it was never my choice. Nowadays I seldom go to Sheung Wan, therefore I still haven't had the chance of eating here. Maybe one day soon. BTW, the French fries look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arturosc, french fries are great. There is also a mutton burger which I have never tried.

      Delete